American Son Serves Inventive Fare Near 55503.11.2021
If you haven’t seen the buzz around newly opened American Son, you haven’t checked your phone in a while. The morning-til-night eatery features dishes created by Chef Tim Ma, and its name is a nod to the melting pot that is American cuisine. Choose from small plates like Impossible meatballs or Meyer lemon calamari, or opt for more shareable options like summer saffron risotto. Each dish is bursting with fresh colors and a perfectly balanced variety of textures and flavor profiles. The other main specialty of the house are Neopolitan pizzas, whether you enjoy an old classic like margherita, or a more inventive pie topped with cured egg yolks and guanciale. The pizzas are a popular choice during the weekend brunch, as are the lemon ricotta pancakes or duck confit hash.
Reservations are strongly encouraged for this new hot spot, especially considering the COVID restrictions. If you aren’t ready for in person dining just yet, Uber Eats will deliver your lamb burger or banh mi–style pizza right to you.
- Unconventional Brunch Recipes to Whip Up This Father’s Day 06.09.2021
- Must-Make Recipes for a Delicious Memorial Day Weekend 05.26.2021
- Lengthen and Strengthen at Dupont Circle Yoga 05.21.2021
- Enjoy Modern Comfort Food at Firefly 05.03.2021
- Opening for the Season in May Near 555 in DC: USDA Farmers Market 04.27.2021