Don’t Miss SOME’S 20th Annual Thanksgiving Day Trot for Hunger 5K11.22.2021
Gobble, gobble! On Nov. 25, SOME’S 20th Annual Thanksgiving Day Trot for Hunger 5k is happening once again at Freedom Plaza! If you’re looking for a fun morning activity with cardio involved to start your Thanksgiving, this is the perfect event for you. Not only do they have a 5K, but for kiddos, there’s a Little Turkey 1-Miler to enjoy. The Little Turkey race starts promptly at 8:30 a.m., and the 5K begins at 9 a.m. If you’re not ready to join in person just yet, you can participate virtually as well and run around the block or perhaps at a nearby park.
The earnings made from the event will go to SOME’S mission, a charitable organization that helps those in need of food, shelter, healthcare, and more. You’ll get to support a great cause all while getting some fresh air and exercise outside. P.S. After the big race, there will be a festival featuring fun games and music to check out with friends and family.
- Cafe Colline: A Tasty Place to Indulge in Fresh and Authentic French-Inspired Cuisine 05.10.2022
- Inexpensive Ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day 05.07.2022
- Experience International Cultures Without Leaving D.C. at the World Embassy Tour on May 7th 05.01.2022
- Best Ways to Celebrate Earth Day 04.20.2022
- Experience Authentic West African Cuisine right here in Washington D.C. at Moi Moi 04.12.2022